Sunday, December 1, 2013

Beware the Frozen Heart

 I am more than a little obsessed with Disney's newest animated release, Frozen.

The animation is absolutely STUNNING, and the music is GORGEOUS and CATCHY, and the story is HEART-WARMING and SAD and FUNNY and ohmygosh I JUST LOVEITSOMUCH!!!!
I've seen it twice so far (after my first viewing on Thanksgiving, I braved Black Friday to buy the soundtrack because I hadtohaveit) and now I have plans to go two more times this week. I don't know WHAT I'm going to do in the terrible time between when it leaves theatres and when it comes out on DVD...
It miiiiiiight just be my new favorite Disney movie, but I'll have to watch it 200 more times to be sure. Apparently it has been compared it to Beauty and the Beast, and I can see why--it has a similar emotional weight and beauteous animation.
One of my favorite artists, Brittney Lee, was a visual development artist on the film, and she also illustrated a book based on the movie, called A Sister More Like Me (which I obviously own... I am currently a maniac.) She makes the most beautiful paper art, which you can see on her blog, and her animation style is just so PRETTY!



I've been stalking Frozen blogs and stuff looking for concept art and fun facts and whatnot, like any normal person does after they see a movie they like (right?) and I've found lots of beautiful pictures, both concept art and fanart. 

these three were on tumblr under the Frozen tag




Also, most importantly, this:

Have you seen Frozen? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I saw Frozen on Friday, and it was AMAZING! I loved it so much! I bought the soundtrack that day as well, and I haven't been able to stop listening to it. The whole thing was really, really good.

    ReplyDelete